24th February 2009 saw the planting of the Second section of our Carbon
The wood is made up of a mixture
of the following indigneous trees:
wood will serve many purposes:
- To offset travel Carbon Footprints.
- To provide a natural habitat for local flora
- Help preserve endangered species of trees, especially
true of the Cormier which is an endangered species of local tree.
- Reclaim argicultural land and turn it back into
the woodland it once was.
- Certain types of the trees planted will be eventually
harvested to provide wood for our environmental heating systems. Many
species can be logged and regrow up to 5 or 6 times.